This Platform Policy is
effective on June 1 2017.
By using the Moveshelf APIs, you agree to this policy. We reserve the right
to change this policy at any time without notice, so please check it regularly. Your
continued use of the Moveshelf APIs constitutes acceptance of any changes. You also
agree to and are responsible for ensuring that you comply with the Moveshelf Terms of
Use (avilable at https://moveshelf.com/legal/terms)
We provide the Moveshelf APIs to support several types of apps and services. First, we
provide them to help members of our community share their own content with apps or
services. We also support apps and services that help brands and advertisers understand
and manage their audience, develop their content strategy, and obtain digital rights.
Finally, we provide the Moveshelf APIs to help broadcasters and publishers discover
content, get digital rights to media, and share media using web embeds. The Moveshelf
APIs are not intended for other types of apps or services. For those we do support, the
following terms and information also apply:
Table of Contents
- Things you should know
- Ensure your app is stable and easily navigable.
- Don't confuse, deceive, defraud, mislead, or harass anyone.
- Be transparent about your identity and your app's identity.
- Don't use the Moveshelf APIs for any app that constitutes, promotes or is used
in connection with spyware, adware, or any other malicious programs or code.
- Don't store or cache Moveshelf login credentials.
- Follow any instructions we include in our technical documentation.
- Provide meaningful customer support for your app, and make it easy for people to
and how you will use this information.
- If you allow third parties to serve content, including advertisements, or
collect information directly from visitors, including placing or recognizing
- Comply with any requirements or restrictions imposed on usage of Moveshelf user
data ("User Content") by their respective owners. You are solely responsible for
making use of User Content in compliance with owners' requirements or
- Remove within 24 hours any User Content or other information that the owner asks
you to remove.
- Obtain a person's consent before including their User Content in any ad.
- Only store or cache User Content for the period necessary to provide your app's
- If you store or cache User Content, keep it up to date. For example, if a user
marks data as "private", you must reflect that change by removing the content as
soon as reasonably possible.
- Don't use the Moveshelf API to simply display User Content, import or backup
content, or manage Moveshelf relationships, without our prior permission.
- Don't apply machine learning technology to User Content, without our prior
- Don't participate in any "like", "share", "comment" or "follower" exchange
- Don't use follower information for anything other than analytics without our
prior permission. For example, don't display these relationships in your app.
- Ensure your comments are uniquely tailored for each person. Don't post
unauthorized commercial communication or spam on Moveshelf.
- Don't enable a business to take more than one action on Moveshelf at a time.
- Add something unique to the community. Don't use the Moveshelf APIs to replicate
or attempt to replace the functionality or essential user experiences of https://moveshelf.com or any
of Moveshelf's apps.
- Respect the way Moveshelf looks and functions. Don't offer experiences that
- Don't attempt to build an ad network on Moveshelf.
- Don't attempt to identify groups of individuals or create demographic clusters
for the purpose of contacting or targeting Moveshelf members on or off
- Protect the information you receive from us against unauthorized access, use, or
disclosure. For example, don’t use data obtained from us to provide tools that
are used for surveillance.
- Don't transfer any data that you receive from us (including anonymous,
aggregate, or derived data) to any ad network, data broker, influencer network,
or other advertising or monetization-related service.
- You can administer a promotion on Moveshelf if you comply with all applicable
laws and regulations, but don't directly incentivize other actions.
- If you want to facilitate or promote online gambling, online real money games of
skill, or online lotteries, get our written permission before using any of our
- Don't use an unreasonable amount of bandwidth, or adversely impact the stability
servers or the behavior of other apps using the Moveshelf APIs.
- Don't reverse engineer the Moveshelf APIs or any of Moveshelf's apps.
- Don't sell, lease, or sublicense the Moveshelf APIs or any data derived through
- Comply with all applicable laws or regulations. Don't violate any rights of any
person, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, rights of
privacy, or rights of personality. Don't expose Moveshelf or people who use
Moveshelf to harm or legal liability.
Comply with Moveshelf's Brand Guidelines (available at https://moveshelf.com/legal/brand. Don't use
the trademarks of Moveshelf or its affiliates without written permission, including
as authorized by applicable brand guidelines.
Things you should know
- Moveshelf primarily communicates with developers through email. Please ensure
that the email addresses associated with your Moveshelf account are current and
that you don't filter out these messages.
- Moveshelf may rate limit or block apps that make a large number of calls to the
API that are not primarily in response to direct user actions.
- Enforcement is both automated and manual, and can include disabling your app,
restricting you and your app's access to Moveshelf APIs, requiring that you
delete data, terminating our agreements with you or any other action that we
- Moveshelf may change, suspend, or discontinue the availability of any Moveshelf
APIs at any time. In addition, Moveshelf may impose limits on certain features
and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Moveshelf APIs or
the Moveshelf website without notice or liability.
- If Moveshelf elects to provide you with support or modifications for the
Moveshelf APIs, this support may be terminated at any time without notice to
- Moveshelf reserves the right to charge fees for future use of or access to the
- Moveshelf doesn't guarantee that any Moveshelf APIs are free of inaccuracies,
errors, bugs, or interruptions, or are reliable, accurate, complete, or
- Licensed Uses and Restrictions: The Moveshelf APIs are owned by Moveshelf and
are licensed to you on a worldwide (except as limited below), non-exclusive,
non-sublicenseable basis in accordance with these terms. Your license to the
Moveshelf APIs continues until it is terminated by either party. Please note
that User Content is owned by users and not by Moveshelf. All rights not
expressly granted to you are reserved by Moveshelf.
- Disclaimer of Any Warranty: Moveshelf APIs and all data derived through such
APIs are provided "as is" with no warranty, express or implied, of any kind and
Moveshelf expressly disclaims any and all warranties and conditions, including
but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a
particular purpose, availability, security, title and non-infringement. You are
solely responsible for any damage that results from the use of any Moveshelf
APIs and all any data derived through such APIs including, but not limited to,
any damage to your computer system or loss of data.
- Limitation of Liability: Moveshelf shall not, under any circumstances, be liable
to you for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages
arising out of or in connection with use of the Moveshelf APIs and any data
derived through such APIs, whether based on breach of contract, breach of
warranty, tort (including negligence, product liability or otherwise), or any
other pecuniary loss, whether or not Moveshelf has been advised of the
possibility of such damages. Under no circumstances shall Moveshelf be liable to
you for any amount.
- Release and Waiver: To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you
hereby release and waive all claims against Moveshelf, and its subsidiaries,
affiliates, officers, agents, licensors, co-branders or other partners, and
employees from any and all liability for claims, damages (actual and/or
consequential), costs and expenses (including litigation costs and attorneys'
fees) of every kind and nature, arising from or in any way related to your use
of the Moveshelf APIs and data derived through such APIs. If you are a
California resident, you waive your rights under California Civil Code 1542,
which states, "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor
does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the
release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with
the debtor." You understand that any fact relating to any matter covered by this
release may be found to be other than now believed to be true and you accept and
assume the risk of such possible differences in fact. In addition, you expressly
waive and relinquish any and all rights and benefits which you may have under
any other state or federal statute or common law principle of similar effect, to
the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Hold Harmless and Indemnify: To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law,
you agree to hold harmless and indemnify Moveshelf and its subsidiaries,
affiliates, officers, agents, licensors, co-branders or other partners, and
employees from and against any third-party claim arising from or in any way
related to your use of the Moveshelf APIs and any data derived through the APIs,
including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages
(actual and/or consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys'
fees, of every kind and nature. Moveshelf shall use good faith efforts to
provide you with written notice of such claim, suit or action.
- Relationship of the Parties: Notwithstanding any provision hereof, for all
purposes of the Moveshelf API Terms, you and Moveshelf shall be and act
independently and not as partner, joint venturer, agent, employee or employer of
the other. You don't have any authority to assume or create any obligation for
or on behalf of Moveshelf, express or implied, and you must not attempt to bind
Moveshelf to any contract.
- Invalidity of Specific Terms: If any provision of the Moveshelf API Terms is
found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties
nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties'
intentions as reflected in the provision and that the other provisions remain in
full force and effect.
- No Waiver of Rights by Moveshelf: Moveshelf's failure to exercise or enforce any
right or provision of the Moveshelf API Terms shall not constitute a waiver of
such right or provision.